and so I am to relay my thoughts on RED
1. State of Grace - I LOVE the song. Not my favorite on the album, but over all so good. Favorite line: “so you were never a saint and i’ve loved in shades of wrong, we learn to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts”
2. Red - Again, love this song. I really like the way she uses the colors in relation to the emotions. Favorite line: “touching him is like realizing all you ever wanted is right there in front of you”
3. Treacherous - Well, this song is a first for Taylor in that it is quite obviously about sex. But it is done in the MOST classy of ways and thats what I really love about the song. Its beautifully written and produced and sung and I think she really hit the nail on the head. I think it was time for there to be a song like this. Favorite line: “nothing safe is worth the drive”
4. I Knew You Were Trouble. - Good song, not my favorite as a Taylor song but I love that she is trying new things and not afraid to just write a song how her emotions felt at the time. Favorite line: “he was long gone when he met me”
5. All Too Well - AHH this song is so wonderful! It was the first song I listened to that wasn’t one of the pre-released songs actually and my heart broke with how beautiful it is! I think it shows that she really is still that same songwriter we know and I love that she is able to make the story visible with the imagery. Favorite line: “here we are again in the middle of the night, we dance around the kitchen in the refrigerator light”
6. 22 - THIS SONG. Honestly, I love it even though its so cheesy. But it is just perfect and reminds me of my best friend sooo much and I love hearing Taylor be so happy. And I love Taylor writing about her friends!! I have never danced so much than I did to this the other night. Favorite line ” who is Taylor Swift anyways, ew!”
7. I Almost Do - This is a very beautiful song, and I think the only reason I am not SUPER obsessed with it is because I’m not in that place in my life of missing someone in this way. I thought about how sad it is that Taylor was ever in this position though, and thats just so rough! Favorite line: “I bet it never occurred to you that I can’t say hello to you and risk another goodbye”
8. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Sassy Taylor at her finest. I think I’ve said all I can say about this song in the past few months. Favorite line: “I hate you, we break up, you call me, I love you”
9. Stay Stay Stay - AHHH I AM SO OBSESSED. This song makes me want to jump around my room and just smile and be silly and be in love. My roommate heard this and said “OKAY SO THIS IS YOU” that made me happy. This song is WONDERFUL. Favorite line(s): “you said okay lets talk” (the way it sounds) and “you think that its funny when i’m mad mad mad”
10. The Last Time - Okay, this song is just a little TOOOOO mellow for me. I think the writing was so beautiful though, I just wish there would have been a little more UMPH to it. I haven’t determined a favorite line yet! I need to listen more.
11. Holy Ground - At first I wasn’t down with this song. But the second time I played it I fell in love. The sound is really different and I think she really allowed herself to just write the way it felt! Favorite line: “we blocked the noise with the sound of I Need You” and “sometimes I wonder how you think about it now and I see your face in every crowd”
12. Sad Beautiful Tragic - The title so describes the song… I think its a really lovely song and yet its so beautifully horrifying and sad. She wrote this beautifully. Favorite line: “time is taking its sweet time erasing you and you got your demons and darling they all look like me”
13. The Lucky One - This song is so so sad to think that Taylor doesn’t like the world she lives in sometimes and it scares me that she might stop making music for a while. The song also hits home because I want to move to LA and do big things and the thought of getting lost and caught up in all of that is frightening. Favorite line: “another name goes up in lights, you wonder if you’ll make it out alive”
14. Everything Has Changed - I have so many positive feelings about this song. Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful collaboration. perfect. one of my favorites. Favorite line: ” making up for lost time, taking flight making me feel like i just wanna know you better”
15. Starlight - Okay I was weirded out that she wrote a song about the Kennedy’s but I am actually super in love with this one… I think the concept is beautiful and the way it sounds just makes you so happy we and SO needed happy songs on this album. This song makes me smile. Favorite line: “don’t you see the starlight? don’t you dream impossible things?”
16. Begin Again - Classic Taylor and I love it. Such an honest song that is so bittersweet. VERY glad this one made the album! Favorite line: “all love ever does is break and burn and end”.
17. The Moment I Knew - something about this song made me realize it was her birthday far before she said anything about the fact that it was a holiday or anything. This song made me HATE Jake, poor girl just really loved him and he SO let her down. No one deserves that. I don’t have a favorite line yet because they’re all PERFECT.
18. Come Back… Be Here - I didn’t think I was going to like this, but then I really listened to the words and it changed my mind. I love how it captures being so caught up at the very beginning of the relationship. She is so honest with us in this song. Favorite line: “spinning faster than the plane that took you”
19. Girl At Home - This song SO needed to be written. Like way to pull the classy card, Taylor. I love this. Its so perfect! It makes me think of the guy being like Joe Jonas when he was dating someone else and still being close with Taylor again (but I don’t think that was the case). Great song. Favorite line: “it would be a fine proposition if i was a stupid girl”